Snowed Inn Chalets are a small owner run catered chalet company based in Serre Chevalier in the Southern Alps. It is an amazing area and totally undiscovered, that is why we keep getting returning clients as it is a massive hidden gem!
The job role is for a Chalet Host Couple (actual couple or friends) with duties including the following:
* Running your own chalet to a high standard as a team covering hospitality and chef duties with our support & guidance
* Preparing & cooking food to a high standard 6 days a week including a cooked breakfast, afternoon tea and 4 courses in the evening (one of which is a cheese course) for 4-16 adults/children
* Cleaning the chalet and making clients beds 6 days of the week after breakfast
* Deep cleaning and changeover of the chalet once a week on transfer day
* Shuttle driving guests to and from the slopes (in the morning and then again in the evening)
* Food shopping once a week staying within budget
* Occasional transfers to and from the airport
* Ski hire collection for clients that have ordered it
* Entertain clients after dinner at least once a week (normally with our SIC quiz)
We, as the SIC owners, have worked in chalets for absolute years and work hard every year to make sure everyone has a good time, it is extremely important to us that our staff are happy so that they rub that happiness onto the guests.
Regarding cooking - this is major part of the role. We want every meal to be memorable so we will go through the menu with you and make sure you are comfortable once you are in resort, but it is important that food is your passion and that you are eager to learn, if not, teach us something we don't know and create your own menu!
Our aim is to offer our staff the support we once yearned for when we were hosting for other companies (stretched over 9+ years). That's why we train at the beginning of the season to give you tips on everything from cleaning quickly but effectively and cooking to a high standard but with minimal stress and maximum mountain time!
Our pay package is £120 a week per person and includes the following:
*live out accommodation
*use of the Snowed Inn vehicle
*full area seasonal lift pass
*ski/snowboard equipment for the season
*10% discount on local ski/snowboard school
*food and drink whilst at work
*sweet uniform provided by our sponsors Love Inc
*travel expenses to and from resort on completion of your season
*insurance - on and off the mountain
*the occasional jolly : ) important!
• Ideally both must hold a recognised cooking qualification or have experience catering to a high standard
• Experience working in service of food and cleaning to a high standard
• Basic food hygiene certificate
• Over the age of 21
• Understanding of stock rotation and budgeting
• 3 years driving experience (1 person at least)
• Friendly, happy & ace
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch attaching your cv. We’d love to hear from you!